The peak district has some of the best views in the UK and makes an ideal spot for caravanners and campers wanting to get away into the countryside. Below is some of the best attractions the Peak District has to offer.
1. Matlock Bath has a lot to offer with cable cars accross Derwent valley, sea-side style arcade games and if you're entertaining young children Gulivers Kingdom is a fantastic theme park for young kids.
2. Explore the village of Eyam and hear the story of the 17th century villagers quarantining themselves after an outbreak of plague.
3. Visit the famous Haddon Hall where three film versions of Charlotte Brone's Jane Eyre have been filmed. It is situated in Bakewell, home of the Bakewell pudding and home to many lovely shops and cafes.
4. Walk the grounds of Chatsworth House, right by a scenic river with waterfalls and fantastic wildlife. There is also a great farm shop, kids adventure park and some beautiful house gardens.
5. Walk through Castleton's caverns and marvel at the semi-precious Blue John stone only found in Derbyshire caves. Take a boat ride in Speedwell Cavern and see the Bottomless Pit and stunning underground rock formations.